Monday, July 1, 2013

Man of Steel

By Harry McPhaul

I realize that saying Man of Steel is the best recent superman movie is not exactly saying a lot.  They succeed in that making this one have a different portrayal of superman.  It felt more like they trying to do what the Dark Knight series did by making the character seem more human.  Another part of the film I liked was the special effects.

I am sure technology has changed a lot since the last superman came out but this one just looked so much better.  All scenes that involved him flying or jumping looked exceptionally  realistic.  The only part that looked fake right away was the people of Clark Kent’s (superman) home planet.  They were wearing protective armor and I could easily see when the head and body were not in sync.  Something as small as that did not change my opinion on the film.  The acting also helped to make this film better than the previous ones.

I have not seen Henry Cavill in anything before this film so I was not sure what to expect.  Altogether I would have to say I did enjoy his performance.  A few times he did have a few corny looks on his face but sometimes its hard not to over act on some scenes. I think Amy Adams is a quality actress but she has reached her limit as to how great she can be for me.  I see her as an actress that will not ruin the movie but can not be the one main reason the movie is great.  I liked her in this role because she was not required to hold the whole weight of the movie but just hold her own piece.  She does perfectly fine in doing that in her role as Lois Lane.  


Overall, Man of Steel is probably going to be one of the best movies to see this summer.  It had a great combination of action and drama. If you like the most recent batman films then you will like this one.  It was a film that I was certainly entertained by.  I would recommend that you see it before it goes out of theaters.  It really needs to be seen on the big screen.  I would give it a 8.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment